I am a bit of a novice at Powerpoint however the tutorial provided by Scot in the course materials helped immensely! Unfortunately, I am still a bit foggy on how to include videos and sounds other than those provided by the Powerpoint software. I will practice using this program more, as I can see how utilising text, pictures, sounds and videos within a Powerpoint presentation would enable me to reach a variety of learners with different learning styles.
My next challenge was to work out how to embed the Powerpoint presentation onto my blog. After consulting the Help section, I ended up using http://www.scribd.com/ as a 'host' for my file, I then pasted the address into the relevant section of my blog posting, and I now hope that it will work out how I am hoping!
I tried to make my presentation applicable to the relate-create-donate aspect of the Learning Engagement Theory by having the students split into pairs to work collaboratively (Relate); creating a recipe of their own (Create); and possibly having the recipe included in the author's book (Donate).
With practice, I can see myself being able to include Powerpoint as an effective tool in my lessons.
Healthy Habits!
Christie
References:
Kearsely, G., & Shneiderman, B. (1999). Engagement Theory: A framework for technology-based teaching and learning. Retrieved April 6 2010 from http://home.sprynet.com/~gkearsley/engage.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment